Our Board of Trustees
The Board is responsible to set the direction for the Center and Trustees are elected by the congregation annually.
With the exception of the pastor, no voting board member shall receive compensation while serving on the Board of Trustees. Our Bylaws require that the Pastor and Co-Pastor(s) will be members of the Board.Current Board Members
- Rev. Kathy Mertes, Spiritual Leader
- Michael Pietrzak - President
- Peter Locasio - Vice President
- Bonnie Burns - Secretary
- Jeff Benoit, Treasurer
What Board Members Do
- Serves ofr three years unless filling a position that has become open for a lesser term
- Attends Sunday services regularly, actively assisting where possible
- Promote and attend seminars, workshops and other functions with regularity as your schedule permits
- Attends 1 regular Board Meeting each month (in person, or virtually)
- Works through Board issues to consensus, rather than majority vote
Who can run for the Board?
Those who are elected to the Board will be Members who demonstrate a commitment to the Center and have an understanding of the principles of Religious Science.
- Are you a current Voting Member at the DuPage Center for Spiritual Center?
- Have you been demonstrating leadership at this Center, or at another?
- Do you demonstrate a spiritually principled lifestyle -- in other words, do you "walk the talk” of the Science of Mind?
- Do you see a constructive rather than critical approach when new ideas are presented to you?
- Are you willing to consider new programs and new ways of supporting our members?
- Are you team oriented and able to assure that personal interests do not infringe on/interfere with Board action?
- Are you willing to commit to Principles of Prosperity, ideally through tithing, in accord with DuPage Center’s Conscious Commitment Program?
- Have you completed a Science of Mind Foundations class and do you strive to ongoing study of Science of Mind teaching?
Adjunct Board Members
- Participates in all Board activities except votes.
- Serve a term of one (1) year.
- Currently enrolled in classes or have completed at least one Science of Mind class
- Meets all Board of Trustees qualifications